Friday, February 10, 2012

My Grannie



My Mom sent this rocking picture of my Grannie this week and I had to post it 'cause she is so amazing. My Grannie is 94 years old. Isn't she the cutest!?! She has lived through illness, a flood where she lost everything, in many different countries in the world, through losing all her family (parents, siblings and my PawPaw, I mean) and most of her friends, and many other things I don't even have a clue of and she is the most optimistic sweet lady ever. She has been and continues to be a shining example of perseverance, faith, generosity, wisdom, love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, gentleness and self-control. She loves Jesus with all her heart and can't wait to meet Him one day, although we would selfishly like that to be later versus sooner. She lives with my Aunt and Uncle right now because she is diabetic and that has resulted in a couple minor mini strokes that have affected her independence. But, even with that, she is still cheerful and humorous and quick witted and fiesty, which is what we tease her about and how we know she is still okay. I am blessed beyond measure that she is my Grannie, that I got to grow up knowing her and that my girls know her. She is pretty special!! I love you Grannie! I want to be just like you when I grow up! :)

1 comment:

Yolland amothersbrokenheart said...

Debra sweet girl your grannie is a very lucky lady to have such a wonderful granddaughter like you... God blees you sweet girl