Tuesday, September 9, 2014

I'm Thinking ...


 
Isn't that sort of like, "If you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all." Can I tell you this is very, very hard when you are in menopause with out-of-whack hormones and your mouth vomits words your brain is thinking that are totally not yours or that you never meant to say. And, where is the grace?
 
Yet, somehow, I think this is the whole point. My giving grace when my patience has faded and my tolerance is lacking and my ability to judge is at an all-time high. His amazing grace. Ugh. Because, truth-be-told, God gives me exceeding and ridiculous amounts of grace. And, just because I'm watching someone else about to jump into a "been there already, done that, why are you being so stupid?" moment, doesn't mean I shouldn't be giving grace. Perhaps the same grace given to me or even some of the grace I believe I never got from humans, but always get from God.
 
"See to it that no one falls short of the grace of God and that no bitter root grows up to cause trouble and defile many."    Hebrews 12:15 
 "But grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. To him be glory both now and forever! Amen."    2 Peter 3:18
 
 

No comments: