Thursday, December 19, 2013

I Am A Sheep ...


I am a sheep. I am thoughtless. I am thankless. I am not often forward-thinking. I can be selfish. I can be stinky and dirty. I am lacking in common sense. I go off to perilous places. I have even been known to follow what I thought was a shepherd, but it was only a wolf in sheep's clothing. I get lost. I fall down. I get tangled up and hurt. I am not always looking around so I keep safe. I think I am big and strong, but I am not. I don't always stay with the crowd of other sheep. I get in ridiculous and unnecessary fights, even with myself. Sometimes, I stand on shaky ground. I've even been known to stand right up on the edge of cliff, just about to fall off. I am easily led in the wrong direction. I don't always think through decisions. I am lacking in humility some days. And, I have to be protected. Praise God, HE is the Shepherd! And in Him there is no lack, there is no fear, there is no wandering. He watches. He rescues. He redeems. He heals. He protects and He loves. There is only looking to and following Him. He's in charge of the rest.
 
"My sheep listen to my voice; I know them and they follow me." John 10:27
 
 * Photo credit: Pinterest

No comments: