Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Talk About Him DAILY


Yes, this is a picture of rocks. I took this picture because it reminded me of a project I undertook, long abandoned. I had decided I was going to write things God had done for us on rocks and keep them in a jar(s) as visual reminders of God's goodness. Just FYI, that was at least 7 years ago and I would have a "rock garden" in my backyard by now if I had continued. Actually, and more accurately, we live about 6 blocks from the beach and if I could write on sand crystals, I'd have a beachfront property. Such are the blessings of the Lord. Really. I'm thinking you would, too, if we all just stopped to look and count.

We read through Deuteronomy a bit ago in our 90 Day journey and then I saw these rocks and it reminded me of this ...

4. Hear, O Israel: The Lord our God, the Lord is one. 5. Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength. 6. These commandments that I give you today are to be on your hearts. 7.Impress them on your children. Talk about them when you sit at home and when you walk along the road, when you lie down and when you get up. 8. Tie them as symbols on your hands and bind them on your foreheads. 9. Write them on the doorframes of your houses and on your gates.             Deut. 6:4-9

Think how life-changing that is! I rehearse. In fact, we wrote a thousand gifts on this blog, but I do know that I don't do this every.every.every.day. Oh the blessings and oh the joy and oh the peace that comes from this command and the command to be thankful in everything. Wouldn't all our lives just shine Jesus ALL.THE.TIME if we were doing this? Wouldn't this change everything? Imagine the fruit for the Kingdom is we were rehearsing His commands and promises and gifts as a family every day! Wow! I know people whose lives do. I am planning to be one of them more consistently, with God's help. How about you?

1 comment:

Diana Richards said...

YES! Love it! Great reminder, Thank you Debra! (and yay for a move back to TX!) :)