Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Lovely


I had a revelation. I woke up and went to check my email and in a lack of self-control and an increase in curiosity (Lord knows why?), I read many an article relating to the media's interpretation and generally one-sided version of their perception of the truth that is our today. I signed off with an ugly urge to read more (translation waste more time and throw intentional to the wind), my stomach in knots over some things, my view of God's greatness over the world's status skewed, fear increased and judgment at an increasing level. Yep, ugly. Flesh. Flesh. Flesh. And, it hit me that we are not supposed to feed that trash into our minds and our lives. Now I am not saying be uninformed and uninvolved and unaware. That's not Biblical either, however, we are to ask for wisdom, to judge through the lenses of Jesus, love, seek the Holy Spirit's Word on the situation and act accordingly. Be "peacemakers who sows in peace and harvest righteousness." (James 3:18)
 
The Bible says to think on these things:
"For the rest, brethren, whatever is true, whatever is worthy of reverence and is honorable and seemly, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely and lovable, whatever is kind and winsome and gracious, if there is any virtue and excellence, if there is anything worthy of praise, think on and weigh and take account of these things [fix your minds on them]."     Philipians 4:8 (AMP)
Am I thinking on these things? I want to be focused on thinking about these things. I want my life to speak out these things ... and not just what I think they are, but on what the Holy Spirit teaches me they are. What He says they are. Thinking on these things. 

No comments: