Friday, July 19, 2013

Wheat and Chaff

 
“I baptize you with water for repentance. But after me comes one who is more powerful than I, whose sandals I am not worthy to carry. He will baptize you with the Holy Spirit and fire. His winnowing fork is in his hand, and he will clear his threshing floor, gathering his wheat into the barn and burning up the chaff with unquenchable fire.”  Luke 3:11,12
John answered them all, “I baptize you with water. But one who is more powerful than I will come, the straps of whose sandals I am not worthy to untie. He will baptize you with the Holy Spirit and fire. His winnowing fork is in his hand to clear his threshing floor and to gather the wheat into his barn, but he will burn up the chaff with unquenchable fire.”   Luke 3:16,17

This is what is happening in my mind and heart right now. The Holy Spirit is taking His winnowing fork to my thoughts. Stirring them up that the wheat might stay, hidden things be revealed, and the chaff might blow away into the unquenchable fire. Wrong thoughts. Wrong beliefs. Gone. Painful at times. Revelatory. The more I seek Him, the more I find Him. The more I find my vision of Him is so limited and the more I want of Him. Every.single.day.

 
 

No comments: