Monday, October 7, 2013

God Knew. He Always Knows.


A precious thing happened to me after church yesterday. A sweet, beautiful woman came up from sitting behind me and said, "God told me to come and pray with you." She explained she understood English, but she didn't speak it well. She took my hand in hers and began to pray. We didn't discuss what to pray about. We didn't talk much at all. And, the most beautiful thing happened. She prayed over me in Spanish. The only word I understood was "corazon," which in Spanish means heart. This beautiful woman prayed Jesus heart for me. She hugged me after. Told me her name and went back to her family. All I could do was weep.
 
I loved being prayed over. I love praying with people. I love praying, although lately I don't always seem to have the words. What I especially loved about this prayer, outside of this sweet woman's obedience and how it blessed me, is it was such a beautiful picture of heaven. You see, in heaven, there is every tongue and every language. I'm certain I don't think of that often. My sweet Momma knows this personally. And Jesus, He died for every.single.one.of.us.
 
"... you were slain, and with your blood you purchased for God persons from every tribe and language and people and nation." Rev. 5:9b (NIV)

No comments: