Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Awesome!


Tonight I "tore down" what was potentially turning into an idol. A distraction that I was allowing to keep me from being intentional in areas of my life I am not willing to consciously compromise any more. And, while it was somewhat intimidating to do, bad habits that you are turning away from seem always to be, I am relieved. I am thankful to make the best choice and not to settle with distractions. I am asking God what else? where else? I am ready. The Holy Spirit is so convicting. He spoke to my heart while I was listening to an old Kari Jobe CD, which reminded me of Jesus, whose feet I want to always be sitting at. Jesus and me. That is where life is. That is where joy is. That is where peace is. That is where healing is. I want those things all the time. I want to feel Him and hear Him so very clearly that I can feel His breath on my face, like I have before. And, because of Him I am victorious and I will WAKE UP tomorrow AND BE AWESOME!
 
"You shall have no other gods before Me." Exodus 20:3, Deuteronomy 5:7
"Do not make any idols." Exodus 34:17
So give yourselves completely to God. Stand against the devil, and the devil will run from you.  Come near to God, and God will come near to you. You sinners, clean sin out of your lives. You who are trying to follow God and the world at the same time, make your thinking pure." Hebrews 4:7-8

No comments: