Thursday, November 14, 2013

In Love


When I saw this I thought of my marriage and all the dreamy things you think of on your wedding day and all the ways you imagine it will be and how it will go and none of the yucky stuff, not us. And, oh how naïve and wrong we are. I am married to an amazing man on this earth. I wouldn't trade him for the world. I choose him. I will fight for him. I have fought for him. We are covenanted with each other for forever and we don't take that lightly. Is it easy? Nope. It has been downright rough some days. Flesh. It stinks and it needs to go. I love being married. I wouldn't trade it. We are worth the effort! We are not perfect, but there is much joy in our lives because we both get that.

This morning, I saw this picture and it is the same of my covenant relationship with God. I am the Bride of Christ. It's a relationship. It's love, honor, respect, care, drawing closer, not growing apart. In many ways like the one with my husband, only the Heavenly Husband is perfection. There is my flesh. There are my silly issues. There are tough times and it is a struggle some days. Only because I am human. But, He. He is not. He is jealous for me. He chose me. He never fails and He is oh so good and unendingly patient with me. And, I will love Him and be loved by Him forever.
 
"Draw near to God and He will draw near to you." James 4:8a

No comments: