Friday, September 12, 2008

"Evaporation"

“If we have to evaporate, can we go to Grannie’s house?” Thus the words of my 7 year old niece. Today, my sister and her family are nestled in, safe and sound, at my mother’s house anxiously awaiting Hurricane Ike. They live in Galveston. This is the second time they have evacuated. The first was several years ago … a nightmare for my sister who got to drive 14 hours … yes, I said 14 hours (normally a 6 hour trip) … panicked ... with 2 kids, 5 cats and whatever they could pack, to our house, worrying about her husband who was several hours behind them. They got missed, primarily, with that one. We called it the “Hurrication." The nieces had a great time playing together and the damage was minimal. Not sure they will be so lucky this time. Ike is supposed to hit Galveston dead on. There is already massive flooding happening. So, please pray for our families … my sister, Brian’s brother and all the aunt’s, uncles, cousins and two grandmothers in the Houston area as they wade through Ike. I know God is holding them in His hands and there is a purpose in all He allows. I know they are in safe places, so there is no danger of them "evaporating." Reminds me of what is most important in life ... people, not things. May God be praised in this storm!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Stopped by to catch up with you! I love, love, love reading your blog! You have a beautiful family! Bring that chi (spell?) dog over here and I will teach it the dog trick!

Hugs!