Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Reminders

"You will have these tassels to look at and so you will remember ALL the commands of the Lord, that you may obey them and not prostitute yourselves by going after the lusts of your own hearts and eyes." Numbers 15:39

Reminders ... reminders of God's commands, of God's words and promises, of God's call to obedience and righteousness and holiness and goodness. Reminders so our sinful nature is kept in check. So we choose best over good. So we remember to pick holiness over the easy way out. So we remember God's goodness. It's the reason the Lord said to talk about Him and them all day long ... those things He has done, those blessings He has given, that discipline and correction ... when you wake up, when you lie down, tell your children. Speak of My Glory. Otherwise, I forget and I take my eyes off Him, the giver of Life and Life to the full. I chase my agenda and not His. I forget that it's all about Him. God forgive me.

3 comments:

Zombie said...

Very well said. I like the verse a lot.

Unknown said...

Popping over to send you a hug! I felt your prayers Sunday night. Thank you so much for praying for me!

Hugs!
Paige

Julie said...

I needed to hear that. Thank you sweet friend. Holiness over the easy way out....I think I need that written on my heart.