Thursday, December 13, 2012

For Sharilyn ...

How do you honor a friend through a blogpost? I’m not sure I know, but I will tell you a little story about my beautiful friend whose name is Sharilyn. I’ve sadly never hugged Sharilyn in person, but we have been loved on by her lots. She taught us to look for God everywhere by sharing hearts.(here #667, here #619, and here and you can find her fingerprint in lots more place on this blog and in our hearts).  She has giggled with us. Decorated with us (all valentines stuff courtesy of Miss Sharilyn). Texted us. Emailed us. Eaten yummy treats with us. We’ve exchanged letters and pictures, and most of all love and an overwhelming love of Jesus. I have a small jar full of sand and baby shells and a sweet little heart rock on my dresser. A reminder of God’s love to me through precious Sharilyn, because it was under His direction that she sent it to me. Sharilyn is preparing to meet Jesus any moment now. She is in the last moments of Stage 4 brain cancer, which she didn’t even know was on the radar until she started feeling bad in July. That’s 5 months ago. But, God knew and He is waiting with open arms for His daughter, Sharilyn, who has spent her life and time on this earth loving and praising Him and loving on His family and is graduating in the same way. We will miss her dearly, but carry her with us in all the “hearts” God has placed in our day. We love you Sharilyn!
Here are a few awesome heart photo's that Sharilyn shared (did I mention she's an amazing photographer?) ...



And a few I've shared back with her ...



No comments: