Friday, August 29, 2008

Learning

I am learning. I have been asking God to show me my family through His eyes. To fill me with His Spirit and allow me to see what He sees. I have to admit, some of what I see in me is not pretty, but I am thankful for the insight so, with His help, I can change my heart and thus, my behavior. Today I was reading on Jerri’s blog and she posted an article by Bill Yount. The whole article was good, but this part really struck me …

LIGHT DOESN'T SAY A WORD...IT JUST SHINES!

Matthew 5:14, 16, "Ye are the light of the world...Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in Heaven."
When you walk into a dark room you don't start fighting the darkness so light can come. You just turn the lights on. The light of the world does not argue with darkness, fight, or even try in any way to remove the darkness. It cannot be extinguished by any darkness. It is the light! Darkness can only exist in the absence of light. Light is a symbol of spiritual presence and power.

"Sister, do you see that light bulb up there in the ceiling? It is giving out light without saying a word! Jesus wants you to be the light in this house for your family. Just let that light shine and your family will be drawn to that light inside of you, which is Jesus."

Lord, fill me will your Spirit today so that your light shines from me without my saying a word and so that I might bless my family.

1 comment:

Julie said...

So true! So true! Reminds me of one of my favorite quotes....Spread the gospel...use words if necessary. Mother Teresa