Sunday, September 8, 2013

My Sister


This is my baby sister. My only sister. She, as you can see from the photo, does NOT like her picture taken. She doesn't like me to post about her or her kiddo's on FB or the blog or anywhere else for that matter, but ... you know when something's gotta be said, it's gotta be said! :) Sorry T.
 
I have friends with sisters and they don't like them very much. I have friends with sisters and they LOVE their sisters. I have friends who wish they had sisters. I have friends I feel like are my sisters and they are absolute gifts from above. My Mom always referred to them as my "people." That, in fact, is one of the last things she said to me, "But Debra, you have people." And, praise the Lord, that is true. But, I only have one sister I was born to be attached to forever and I, my friends, am rich because of it.
 
She is smart (super-smart), funny, way ridiculous fun to be with, never a wall-flower, witty, clever and, in most ways, we are opposite, but in the ways that matter, we are the same. We've had a few large bumps in our road and we make different choices in many life situations. But, I love her fiercely and she loves me back. And, I wouldn't trade her and my love for her for anything. Nope, nothing. Hear that little sister?! :)
 
I am beyond thankful that God gave me a sister. I just thought it should be said. :)

No comments: