Saturday, August 10, 2013

Ruffled Feathers


Got my feather's ruffled. Ugh. All in a wad. And, the crazy thing is that many, many things are going in the direction God has said. Favor. Things we have prayed, literally for years, are coming to fruition and I really couldn't be more thrilled. But, at times, they still feel slow, downright dragging, and frustrating. There are days, moments, when I honestly can not see it with these earthly eyes. I can't wrap my brain around how it will work, even with my best trying-to-get-it-figured-out ideas. And, I am totally having to will myself into "more than you can ask or imagine" (Eph. 3:20) and God's promises are "yes and amen." (2 Cor. 1:20) Because when you are on the right track and life is about to change dramatically, satan's always got to be dipping his stinking toe into it. It is after all, his m.o., right? "Steal. Kill. Destroy." (John 10:10) That's not just people. That's promises, miracles, hearts, hope, whatever we will allow him to touch. Key word allow. There are days that I am like the man asking for, hoping for, believing for a miracle and he just needs a little help ...
Immediately the boy’s father exclaimed, “I do believe; help me overcome my unbelief!” Mark 9:24
Believing. Standing. Reminding myself. God's got it. He's done it before. It was more than I could imagine and in the way I never imagined. And, it rocked my socks off! He promised and He did it. He has promised. And, He will do it again! 

No comments: