Monday, August 19, 2013

Sharpening Swords


There is something I've come to know very well and that is there are wise, believing, anointed sister's (and a few brother's) that God has placed in my life who sharpen my sword. Like crazy. Some don't even realize it. And, I've learned, too, that sharpening your sword isn't just about discipline. It's also about coming along side, like Aaron and Hur (Exodus 17:12). It's a lot of encouraging, cheerleading, bolstering and reminding. And, it's truth-telling, truth-seeking, teaching, listening, empathizing and growing deeper in the Lord ... together. And, it's pretty stinking awesome! I am unbelievably thankful that the Lord placed us on this earth with His people, His body, to do this life with. Not to mention, His Word and Holy Spirit to lead and guide us. What an incredible combination. What an amazing God! We are rock stars people because He loves us so much!

No comments: